Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Cinnamon-Apple Oat Bars

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cinnamon-Apple Oat Bars

I came home from my mom's house with a bag of apples. I was optimistic on finding a recipe to make with apples aside from apple pie...this came from one of the many blogs I check out. I can't remember from who, but I thank you in advance. Also, I got to use my new BFF in the kitchen...the KA Mixer!!! This was really easy to make, and I love having all the ingredients in my cupboard because I hate going to store for one measly ingredient!!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup applesauce

1/4 cup healthy oil

1/4 egg substitute or 1 egg

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup of oats

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped unpeeled apple


1. Heat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a piece of wax paper and the exposed pan sides with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Mix brown sugar, applesauce, oil, and egg substitute in KA mixer.

3. Stir in flour, baking soda, oats, cinnamon, and salt, then finally the apple.

4. Spread batter in 8x8 pan.

5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool.


**ENJOY, I know I will!!!**
Pin It button on image hover