Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: 6 Things I'm Thankful For

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

6 Things I'm Thankful For

So I've been tagged by my wonderful knottie-mommy-to-be, and internet friend who I hope to meet up someday, Elisa. I've been pondering about this post really hard because there are so many things to be thankful for especially around the holidays but I've managed to pick my top 6 picks.
1. I'm thankful for my husband, Eric. He's my other half - he truly completes me, he's my bestest friend, he is my peanut butter and I'm the jelly! I would truly be lost without him, and I can't imagine life without him.
2. I'm thankful for my wild & crazy family. This past weekend, we had family over for a mini-get together so everyone could see our house. It really warms my heart whenever the women talk and the men congregrate together and have a great time. You give these people wine...and let me tell you it gets wild and CRAZY. ;-)
3. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends. Adrian, Monica, Alex, Armando, Liz, Mikey - helped us tremendously with our move from the apt to the house, and painting, and multiple projects with the wedding. I can't thank them enough, another Bobby Flay dinner is in the works for them! I love you Yvie, too. I wouldn't forget you! Our friends are our second family.
4. I'm thankful for my job. After being laid off from the mortgage industry, I was in a dry spell...I didn't work for 4 months or so. I had no consistent schedule, I went to the gym for 3 hours a day, I spent hours watching foodnetwork, and just planning my wedding. Yeah, I got bored after 1 month of that. My boss is awesome, the people are wonderful, it's not a stressful job, and I'm not in fear of losing my job. I love my job because I see myself here for a long time and I love working with the people here!
5. I'm thankful for my house. I still remember the day we went with our realtor to visit the house. I was very hesitant about putting a bid, there were great bones in the house, it just cost so much, I didn't think we had a chance on owning the home. The market was bad, the economy was dwindling, and I was really scared about having a mortgage payment. I just had a hard time seeing the final picture. It took me awhile, and I envisioned the Turkey potluck in the works, the joys of renovating our house, and the benefits of owning our home. I love everything about our home.
6. I'm thankful for my life. It's absolutely perfect right now, there are more things I could generally list but I'm just happy right now. The love of my life, great friends, crazy family, beautiful home, my health, and more. Life is beautiful.

And in closing, it's my turn to tag 6 others...or as many people I know that blog! lol
Stephanie - My WC sis, she's an awesome cook as well. Where do you think I found those tasty blondies recipe from?? hehe
Hiscreations - My wonderful wedding photographers, Damion & Julie. They are just the best in what they do, and they are just adorable. I love everything about them, check out their new blog...BEAUTIFUL & AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Kara - I seriously need to fly her out here because we would have a great time! Or I need to fly out to Chicago...it will happen!!!!!
Andrea - Because you need to add something onto your blog! lol
Tori - I'm hoping to hear a peep from her since the start of their new business...I love her mini!!!!!
Pin It button on image hover