Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Stuffed Conchiglie Chicken w/4 Cheeses

Friday, February 27, 2009

Stuffed Conchiglie Chicken w/4 Cheeses

I came across this recipe from the What's Cooking board and knew it was something that I just had to make! I love anything with cheese and pasta! Stuffed shells were a fave dish of mine growing up, we would get a bag of them from Price Club aka Costco. I loved how cheesy and yummy these were, and I remember asking my mom when we could get more of them! I think the only pasta dish my mom ever made was spaghetti the filipino version, you know with hot dogs instead of ground meat and lots of noodles and little sauce. *We still ate it though!!**

This was really easy to make, and easy to freeze as well. This dish could serve a party, too. We will have leftovers tonight, and I'll freeze the rest for my little sister to enjoy. She loves cheese and pasta just as much as I do!
Stuffed Conchiglie Chicken with 4+ Cheeses Source: Beachlover's Kitchen
Ingredients:
1 box conchiglioni aka jumbo shells
1 lb boneless chicken breast - cut into small pieces
1 lbs Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb Ricotta cheese
4-8 oz (1 box) chopped frozen spinach
5 strips cooked bacon (chopped)
2 can pasta sauce **I used my homemade tomato sauce.**
**Added chopped proscuitto, 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese**
*Garnish with Italian parsley, chopped*

Directions:
1. Cook the conchiglioni (jumbo shells) in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well, set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare in lasagna dish, or baking pan about 11 x13. You will need 2 if you don't have a lasagna pan.

3. Remove water from frozen chopped spinach, combine with cut chicken, shredded mozzarella, and ricotta cheese,mix well in a large bowl.
**add Italian seasoning - it's a great seasoning **
**add bacon & proscuitto**

4. Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into each shell and arrange onto the baking dish. * I used my cookie scooper to measure out the portions into each shell.*
Repeat the procedure until completed. Spoon pasta sauce on the top of stuffed shell. Top with shredded cheddar cheese & mozzarella on each shell, then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese.
Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil.

5. Bake for 2o minutes, removed the aluminium foil bake for another 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. *Garnish with Italian parsley, and more parmesan cheese if you like.*
Serve warm.
I enjoyed my Italian night with a chick flick, The Women, and was happily stuffed! No need for dessert for me.
Pin It button on image hover