Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Laughing Cow Chicken

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Laughing Cow Chicken

I've had this recipe bookmarked from my What's Cooking sister's blog for awhile, Macaroni & Cheesecake! Like me, Steph, has been cooking low calorie and weight watcher type meals, and I love making dishes that have lots of flavor and still good for my figure. This dish was fairly easy and fast to prepare. I served it with Spaghetti Caprese & a nice slice of garlic bread. The chicken is really moist and juicy, and even though it was baked - it did not turn out dry. I used our little convection toaster oven not the big oven to bake this too since I didn't want to overwhelm the air conditioner. Thanks Steph and Elizabeth for posting this, we loved this recipe.



Laughing Cow Chicken
Source: Steph's Macaroni & Cheesecake Elizabeth's Cooking Experiments

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (sliced & pounded thin)
4 wedges laughing cow light cheese
1/4-1/2 tsp. herbs de provence
Misto - olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup panko
1/4 grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Lay each chicken breast flat. Lightly season with herbs de provence & spread the 1 wedge of cheese. Roll up and seal with toothpicks.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, panko & parmesan cheese. Spray the chicken with the misto and cover with the bread crumb mixture.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, and then broil until crust is golden brown. Remove toothpicks & serve.

Review: This was a great light chicken recipe that we will add to our staple menu. I loved using the Laughing cow cheese in this dish because it really gave a nice light balance of flavor. The creaminess from the cheese was perfectly melted, and it definitely hit my "cheese" spot!
Pin It button on image hover