Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Eric's Ribeye Steaks

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eric's Ribeye Steaks

Whenever I get the opportunity for my husband to cook for me, I love it. He's always my number one taste tester in all dishes that I prepare for him. His flavor palate is great and he's always truthful and very helpful for any of my dishes. It's nice when I get to take a break from the kitchen, and watch on the other side as he prepared the meal for me. (I also think this lets me enjoy the meal more, too). This past week, he prepared a memorable steak dinner. My mouth is still drooling for more of that juicy ribeye steak. Thanks again to my husband for preparing such a wonderful meal.

Tip: Make sure when you purchase your ribeyes, look for the marbling - that's the secret to the juicness of a steak. Take a good look at the texture of the steak, and if there is no fat visible, it will not be flavorful, only leaner and more tender. Check for small streaks of fat, look for ones that are kind of patterned to a rainbow. If you're not sure, just ask your butcher for assistance.



Eric's Ribeye Steaks
Original Eric Recipe

3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
Dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 to 4 sprigs of thyme
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
2 8 ounce boneless ribeye steaks,
Kosher salt - enough to cover the steaks like snow
Freshly ground pepper - to taste

1. Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat cast iron skillet to medium-high. Add butter & olive oil with garlic and thyme until the butter turns gold in color, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the steaks to the skillet, turning once, until steak is desired doneness, 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Baste steak constantly on second side with butter from the pan until done. 10 mins of cooking time will yield medium rare but will vary based on pan and technique.

Review: What a real simple man-made meal, delicous and wonderful pretty muchs sums up this meal. I loved that he used the cast-iron skillet instead of the barbeque. I love the nuttiness from the butter, completely covered in the steak, and the thyme and garlic Hmmm, my next step - when can I get him to make this meal again for me?
Pin It button on image hover