Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Garlic Ciabetta Bread

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Garlic Ciabetta Bread

I'm a fanatic of anything made with garlic. I absolutely love shrimp scampi from Giovanni's shrimp truck in Oahu, my wonderful creation of roasted garlic honey butter, pesto, toum, garlic french fries, and even roasted garlic ice cream (trust me, it's delicious) and the list would keep growing. I even traveled to the infamous "Gilroy Garlic Festival" up in Gilroy last summer to sample the garlic wonderfulness of it all. If the dish has garlic in it, it's a winner in my book! However, my true love affair with garlic is simply garlic bread.

In my opinion, a tasty garlic bread uses a great sourdough or Italian bread that's already wonderful to eat by itself but intensifies with the additional garlic flavors. I love when a garlic bread is rich and buttery from the olive oil or butter, and when it's all beautifully blended together to make a fantastic garlic bread. Most times I've made garlic bread, I've used Johnny's garlic spread seasoning as my go-to condiment. It's a simple and pre-made mixture and you only need butter and bread to make a fantastic garlic bread. I wanted something a little different and this recipe takes it up another level.  It's pretty fantastic and worth the hassle because it's garlicky-delicious!!! Enjoy!

Garlic Ciabetta Bread
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics
Ingredients:

6 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoon fresh oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup olive oil
1 large loaf ciabatta bread

Preparation:

Place the herbs (oregano and parsley), garlic in a food processor and mix until it is fully incorporated. Add the salt and pepper and mix again.

In a small quart pan, heat the olive oil for about 2 minutes and then add the herb-garlic mixture. Cook on low for about 3 to 5 minutes, do not let the garlic brown. Remove from heat.

Cut the bread in half and spoon the herb-garlic mixture on both sides of the bread. Place the two halves together again and wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Carefully remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Enjoy warm!

Review: This was such an amazing garlic bread recipe - the smell of garlic and fresh herbs was drool worthy. It's my new go-to recipe whenever I'm making a batch of garlic bread.  You won't miss the premade frozen garlic bread or the typical garlic spread found at grocery stores. Delicious and tasty!

Pin It button on image hover