Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Hello

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Hello

It's been awhile since I have been here, and tap tap is anyone really out there anymore, too?

Somehow I found myself here today.

Motherhood gets a tad busy and it's a little hard to make time for yourself. Elena is now 5 years old, and is in kindergarten full day and Emilio is 4 years old and in preschool half day. Plus, they both play soccer which translates to mom taxi life. It sometimes gets a little chaotic, but we sometimes always manage to slow down and appreciate all our wonderful blessings, too.

After having my two kids, I was at the biggest weight in my life than I had ever been and I was really depressed about my baby weight. I had a miscarriage in 2011, back to back pregnancies in 2012 and 2013. My body had gone through so much. I was tired all the time, I had plantar fasciitis, on the verge of some serious health problems and I absolutely dreaded buying bigger clothing everytime I couldn't find something to wear. I wanted to blame everything on being a stay at home mom, but I knew it was because I wasn't working out or eating right. I was putting everyone else's needs above my own. As much as I love my two beautiful children, I needed to make time for myself and make the necessary changes. I had a girls weekend away and I tried a Zumba class with my girlfriend and it was love at first dance.

Zumba was addicting for me. I love music, and it instantly puts me in a happy place. By dancing my worries away, I started sweating all those extra pounds away, too. It was like my secret dream of being a Fly Girl come true of whenever I danced the steps to my fave Zumba song. 

Overall, I'm in such a happier place in my life. I have lost all the baby weight and more. I have lost about 70 pounds in the past 2.5 years and it's like I have taken a time machine back to my 20s! I wore a pair of jeans from college and I graduated 14 years ago. Gaining weight is a factor of life, and it happens. It takes a little perseverance, and lots of time to meet your goals.

So this is your Sunday reminder to that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.




Pin It button on image hover