Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Peach Lemonade

Friday, June 22, 2012

Peach Lemonade

Summer vacations. Sunny days. Warm nights. Sleeping in. Root beer floats. BBQ anything. Baseball games. Flip flops. This is pretty much why I love summer. Plus, I love this summer even more so since I'm on my maternity leave. 

One of the biggest cravings that I had during my pregnancy was lemonade. I had drank water by the gallons and there's so much water that a pregnant gal can enjoy without wanting something else. Lemonade had become my best friend and was my go-to indulgent refreshment since my other vices were on the do-not drink list.

During the summertime, I love making batches of strawberry lemonade, Mexican Limeade, lemonade and the occasional Tinto de verano. I'm always finding ways to use up my Meyer lemons with all the 'ades. You can say that we love all things fruity and refreshing, which is why I had to make a batch of this peach lemonade. This is easy to prepare and great for entertaining - you might want to double up the batch so you have plenty to share.

Peaches are in season right now and this is a fabulous way to enjoy the summer's nectar in a glass.


ZipList Add Recipe Peach Lemonade
Adapted from Cooking Light June 2012
Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
4 cups water
2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice (about 4 to 6 lemons)
1 peach, cut into wedges
Mint for garnishment

Preparation:

In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the first 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes. Place peach mixture in a blender and let sit for at least 20 minutes before blending. Remove the center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) and cover the top with a clean dish towel. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Press peach mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid. Discard the peach solids. Stir in lemon juice.

When ready to serve, add 1/2 cup ice to the glasses, and pour peach lemonade into the glasses. Garnish with peach wedges and mint.

Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 98; Fat: 0.1g; Protein: 0.5g; Carb: 25.9g; Fiber: 0.8 g, Chol: 0mg; Iron: 0.1mg: Sodium: 0mg; Calc: 4mg

Review: Refreshingly sweet. Peaches and lemonade are a fantastic combination and the sweet and tart work really well together. For a little adult version of this drink, add a little bit of liquid gold of your choice - white rum or tequila. Add an umbrella and sip away to your summer's delight.
Have a fan-ta-bolous weekend! I plan on spending lots of time with my two loves.
Pin It button on image hover