Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Connie's Corn Casserole

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Connie's Corn Casserole

My wonderful husband, Eric, had to figure out what food item to make for his work turkey potluck. He wanted to bring a main course, and everyone always expects our usual BBQ meatballs, he wanted to do something different. Plus, he didn't want to buy something already made...that's UNHEARD of for us!! I told him to make a corn casserole, a recipe I had gotten from the owner of the company that I work for. It's the best corn casserole I have ever had, and I was very proud of my cooking husband. Of course, I had set up all the ingredients for him in the kitchen. This is a fast & easy dish to make...he was like wow, you just mix and bake!! I laughed when he told me "Don't bother me, I'm baking!" lol...but my only request was for him to take a picture so I could blog it! Good job monkey!!

Connie's Corn Casserole
Adapted from the CEO of my work
Ingredients:
3 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, melted
1 (4 oz) diced green chiles (optional)
1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
1 package of french onion dip mix
1 can corn, not drained
1 can creamed corn
8 oz Jiffy corn muffin mix

Preparation:
Mix all, pour into greased 9x13 baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

ENJOY!
Pin It button on image hover