Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: The dessert: PB Oatmeal & Choco Chip Cookies

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The dessert: PB Oatmeal & Choco Chip Cookies

Thank you to Mulan922 from What's Cooking to recommending this PB recipe to me. This was supposed to be a surprise for my sister for dessert, but she couldn't make it up to my house. It's okay, Jessica, was my taste-tester had gladly approved the cookies! My husband had 4 of them with a large glass of milk. These are really good cookies, and a great sweet treat!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from mykitchenjourney & allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter = 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter **(I used half creamy & half crunchy peanut butter)**
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips **(I did 1/2 semi-sweet & 1/2 reese's peanut butter chips)**

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, & sugars until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Stir into the batter until moistened.
4. Mix in the oats and fold the chocolate & peanut butter chips until evenly distributed. Using my cookie scooper *thanks Kaytie* by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet. *I didn't flatten the cookie since they don't spread, I wanted little mini cookies. *
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Pin It button on image hover