Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Happy Birthday hubby!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday hubby!

My husband had his birthday this past Wednesday. He came home early, we played a little rock band and relaxed at home. My birthday was pretty amazing, and I knew that I couldn't top the spa day and give him a gift as big as the T.V. Eric didn't want any of that, so I planned a simple menu for his birthday. He did request a special menu, but that will be shared on Saturday with our friends. I'm recreating the Mesa Grill experience once again!! The birthday menu was: Burgers, fries & my homemade coffee toffee walnut brownies!
I did surprise him with the candle on the brownie, and sang to him! He requested a large glass of milk to accompany his brownies. Our burgers were pretty tasty. I made garlic-pesto burgers with carmelized onions! Topped them with melted provolone cheese. Man....they were tasty!!!

The burgers were made by me as well, I mixed ground sirloin and hot Italian sausage in the food processor. Added some seasonings, chopped garlic, and a little worchestire sauce and seasoning salt to add some flavor. The burgers were really juicy and tasty! I loved add the pesto with the burgers, it gives such a nice bite to the burger! In case you need it, here's the recipe to making your home-made pesto. It tastes alot better than store-bought versions!

Pesto Recipe
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:
1. Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
2. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Makes 1 cup.
Pin It button on image hover