Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: S'mores Brownies

Thursday, June 3, 2010

S'mores Brownies

It's officially summer, or we welcome ugly June gloom for a little bit here in SoCal. The mornings start off questionable with clouds, but by afternoon the sun is blasting away. Summertime is the perfect time to get together with your friends and family, have a little barbecue and eat some sweet treats. I was in the mood for another brownie fix yet again. What can I say, I got chocolate on the mind right now.

Last year, I had made s'mores bars and those were pretty ooey, gooey fantastic - a cookie and s'mores paired together perfectly. I knew that these s'mores brownies would be just as fantastic. Besides this recipe kept popping up in my google reader, and I bought the recent items (graham crackers, marshmallows & candy bars) on sale last week at the grocery store so I knew that it was kismet. What a beautifully layered brownie:  layers of brownie, graham crackers, melted chocolate, marshmallows and more brownie = heaven in a bite! Bring them to your next family function or make them for yourself...they are unbelievably awesome.

S'mores Brownies
Adapted from Picky Palate and Joy the Baker
Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
4 1/2 full Graham Crackers
3 1/2 Full size Hershey’s Bars
16 or more large marshmallows
Prepared in 9×13 inch baking pan.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
2. Line foil into an 9x13 inch baking pan and spray generously with cooking spray.
3. Pour half the brownie batter into lined pan. Layer graham crackers over brownies following Hershey Bars and marshmallows. Pour remaining brownie batter over marshmallows.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Carefully remove foil and brownies from pan. Peel any foil from away from edges and cut into squares.


Review: One of the best brownies that I've had and it comes from a box! I tell ya...sometimes a boxed mix can make it perfect. I'll do the comparable with Joy the Baker's recipe and see if it makes a difference or not. I can't wait to make these again for the upcoming family functions - they love being my taste-testers! Who can resist S'mores and brownies? Not I!
Pin It button on image hover