Mrs. Regueiro's Plate: Chipotle's Honey Vinaigrette Dressing

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chipotle's Honey Vinaigrette Dressing

Oh how I love Wednesday nights with my girlfriend, Angel. We started up our weekly cooking nights because I realized we haven't cooked together since....EASTER! It's been a busy past couple of months since I've spent the last two months training for my half marathon and this upcoming 10k that I have this weekend. We planned a fabulous meal of her husband's fave dish, Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin, paired along with our favorite side dish of Chipotle's Lime-Cilantro Rice and a simple salad with Chipotle's dressing. It's almost a Chipotle-themed meal you would say. She had been wanting to learn how to make this dressing ever since I told her that I had the recipe. We both love the salad dressing from Chipotle, and it's one of my favorite items to order whenever I visit them. I really enjoyed this salad dressing because the sweetness of the honey and tanginess of the red wine vinegar are a perfect melody together. Enjoy!


Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
Adapted from Chipotle
Ingredients:
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
½  teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup or more of extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:
1. Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor and blend on low speed for less than 15 seconds.
2. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil into food processor on low speed.
3. Chill for at least one hour.
Yield: 1 ½ cups
Review: This was pretty darn close to the restaurant version, and I eat this salad all the time from Chipotle. There are a couple of different versions of this recipe where there is no lime or chipotle powder in the recipe, and they use adobe seasoning. We thought the kick from the chipotle spice was perfect to tame down the red wine vinegar. If you think it will be too spicy - just add less chipotle. This is a great dressing for any of your simple salads, and if you want to go the Chipotle route - add some grilled peppers, black beans, tomatoes, little bit of cheese, sour cream and top it off with some grilled chicken. Voilà, Chipotle Chicken salad at home!
Pin It button on image hover